- All building work carried out in Barnet should meet current building codes and regulation requirements.Our Building Control Service ensures that buildings are designed and constructed in accordance with the Building Regulations and associated legislation.
- It is the responsibility of those carrying out the work to ensure that the provisions of the regulations are fully met. The role of Building Control is only to check that they do so.
- For many types of building work, separate approval under both regimes (separate processes) will be required. For other building work, such as internal alterations, Building Regulations approval will probably be needed, but Planning permission may not be. You may also have responsibilities under the construction health and safety regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To prepare Weekly and Monthly Progress Reports for Management and Consultant for their record and monitoring. The reports consists of Project Summary, Schedule and Status Updates, Status of QA/QC Submission, Status of Procurement, Progress Layouts, Drawings and Photos, Resource Histograms and Status Report.
- To prepare weekly update of Dashboard Programme as requested by the Client
- To update other departments on the progress of Works, any areas in which there are delays and prepare risk assessment report.
- To assist the Project Construction Team in providing technical support and monitoring of the work programme and progress.
- To monitor Subcontractors’ work programmes and their progress.
- To assist Subcontractors’ works on site through established work programmes.
- Update and monitor all programmes and schedules e.g. baseline, dash board, procurement, on weekly basis.
- Monitor and update the production rates of major trades e.g. earthwork, concrete and other production rates.
- Update the progress layout drawings and progress photo on weekly basis.
- Data gathering and data compilation from various departments to establish weekly and monthly report for submission to management and client.
- Provide tracking tools for monitoring Subcontractors’ works progress.
- Other responsibilities as and when required by the Company.